Sport your leadership or creative skills, work from home, and make up your own schedule. This volunteer opportunity has it all...
Become an LCS VOLS Hunger Walk/Run Team Captain today!
We need volunteers to captain teams (3 or more individuals) of walkers or runners for our 21st Annual 5k Hunger Walk/Run to be held on September 15, 2012 in Rockford Park, Wilmington. We are also looking for volunteers to recruit other captains, organize food drives and help to promote the walk/run.
How can my team and I make a difference?
- Raise money from Sponsors
- Collect food via a food drive
- Recruit other walkers/runners for your team
Below is a job description, must do's and fun stuff to help you get started on organizing your team. Sign up to our Google Group today to receive updates on the walk/run and other important news for all volunteers of LCS. (widget on the right hand side of this page.)
LCS is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. All donations from the walk will go directly and immediately to providing emergency food to Delawarean's in need. To learn more about LCS and how we do it, schedule a "Food for Thought" tour at our St. Stephen's Pantry by calling Steve Tindall: (302) 654-8886, ext 105.
Becoming a Team Captain is easy and fun! Here is what you need to do...
Team Captain Job Description:
1. Name your team (ex: Holy Walkamolies, Team Tenderfoots...) Have fun with your team name!
2. Tell LCS your team name so we can be sure to add it to the list on the registration site by contacting Cher Frampton here.
3. Create a fundraising goal for your team. Minimum requirement is $25 for minors and $50 for adults in sponsorships to qualify for a t-shirt or prizes. Ask 5 co-workers, 5 members of your church and 5 family members. If you ask each of them for $20, that is $300 before you know it. If you have a team of just 5 members each able to do that, your team just reached $1,500!
4. Make sure each walker/runner registers with LCS for the walk/run. While as team captain you are registering yourself and a team, individuals must still register. Please ask them to include their team name on the registration.
5. Call with any questions! (302) 654-8886, ext 107
Have a food drive! We are taking food that day in addition to sponsorships donations. Call Cher for a food drive kit to help give you fun ideas on how to have one. Or ask your team members to each bring a can for every sponsorship they collect.
Ask your employer for a "buy-in day" such as "Jeans Day" or "Hat Day", anything fun that individuals who wish to participate can pay $5.00 each to get in on.
Share with us your ideas! Let us know about any events you plan so we can help promote them. We are here to help!
We all look forward to seeing you on September 15th!