Thursday, January 31, 2013

Volunteer Appreciation - Mardi Gras!

It is hard to believe that tomorrow it will be one year since I started working here at LCS. But it has been, and boy did it go by fast! So much has happened, I have met so many wonderful people and lots of positive things have taken place. Wow!

I am so not athletic! But I love to hand out awards!!
My first public appearance was the Annual Volunteer Appreciation event called "Mardi Gras!" only three weeks after I began which gave me a chance to say "Hi" to everyone.  I have enjoyed so much getting to know you and learning how you fit into life here at LCS. Every job no matter how big or small is critical to keep this organization moving and healthy. I also see new volunteers coming in our doors every week. Without them, we could not continue to do the work we do.

So I would like to extend an invitation to all of our volunteers, new or established, active or inactive... to please come out for our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event - Mardi Gras!

   Join us for Cajun snacks, sweets, coffee and tea.
   Entertainment by Joe Cilento Group

   Sunday February 24, 2013
2:00 p.m.
Westminster Presbyterian Church
13th and Rodney Street., Wilmington

Bring a Friend! And Please R.S.V.P.
302.654.8886, ext 100
or send an email  -info@lcsde.org
We have directions if you need them. (This is across the street from our main office.) Parking is at the Westminster Park Lot. Enter the Blue Doors on 13th Street.

I hope to see you there. I would love to catch up with as many of you as possible. This event is for YOU! It's a free event, and no we are no asking for donations or money. This is just a gathering and celebration for our volunteers to show all of you how much we appreciate everything you do for us!

Peace,
Cher Frampton

No comments: